Thursday, March 13, 2014

Guest Post: Sorella Baer

I'll be brief today. My heart is so full, but my thoughts are all over the place.

This week, Sorella Palumbo and I were in Pavia for maybe .2 seconds. As STL's, we just travel all over the place. I've mastered sprinting with a carry-on:) I love doing exchanges with these sorelle. Goodness, these women are incredible. Some of them graduated just in 2013, and yet, they're prepared, seasoned and so dilligent. I LOVE THE SORELLE OF THE ITALY MILAN MISSION! Ever since day 1, I've had a running tab of all of my dream companions, and well folks, the list just continues to grow... and I only have 3 transfers left... but all is well:)

The Lord has been giving me an added, and greatly needed, amount of energy to bring my A-game to these exchanges so Sorella Palumbo and I can train these sisters. I'm so so so so humbled and grateful these days.

In Italy, they have a holiday just for the women! it's called ''la festa delle donne''--yup. Italy rocks. But it's fine, because I didn't know it was a thing... and so yup. it went uncelebrated. dang. I'll have to create this holiday when I get back. 

Sorella Palumbo is the champ of the earth. She has the most beautiful eyes ever and we just bop around talking with everybody! Everybody! The florist in centro even, loves us, because we go and give her spiritual thoughts. In fact, last week, we walked by her shop, and she was like, ''Excuse me! You're leaving without saying a prayer!?'' I love that. People EXPECT us now to share the gospel with them EVERYTIME. 

People these days think I'm Italian. It's awesome. My italian is nowhere near perfect, but the Lord sure has helped me a lot, and so has my native companion:)

Parting thought?

In the hymn ''have I done any good in the world today'' there's a line that says, ''Don't dream of your mansions above'' or something like that... (disclaimer: haven't sang hymns in english for a year...) and that line in Italian says, ''non basta sognare il ciel'' which translated means that it's not enough to dream of heaven. 

DEAR FAMILY AND FRIENDS-- don't just dream of the Celestial Kingdom. make it happen! This life is not for us to sit around, talk about what we learned in Sunday School, e poi basta cosi. Nope. In fact, we're here to make it happen. 

I know it's not enough just to dream of these things. My dear loved ones, go for it! Read, pray, serve, make bringing your family to the Celestial Kingdom your top priority. We can make our homes an earthly heaven. Let's stop dreaming about heaven and make it happen! As we create that atmosphere and strive constantly to stay worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost, we can feel the nearness of the Savior. 

Choose ye THIS day, whom ye serve. Take a side. Defend Him boldy. Forgive easily. and love sincerely. 

May the spirit abide in your homes and relationships-- 

con tutto del mio amore,
Sorella Baer

p.s. I love you.
p.p.s. HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY BRIDGER! you're the cutest little boy I know! Don't break too many hearts, dear nephew of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment