Thursday, July 17, 2014

And we're back...

Hi you guys. :) I am SO sorry for the lack of post over the past couple of months. I had a hefty load of summer classes that took up every waking moment (and occasionally the sleeping ones too) but I have successfully completed them and now I have time to share some much needed updates! 

Firstly, Papa is doing great. I love being able to say that! He just got some new hardware put in (a new feeding tube called the "low profile mic-key". Literally, that's what it is called. Aside from that, he is working on his swallow still (fingers STILL crossed...never give up, NEVER SURRENDER!) and working on his motor skills. Our house is officially a museum to some of the greatest lego and car model creations known to man! He is progressing little by little, and each day is a miracle. 

Mama is doing amazing as well. I honestly don't know how she does all that she does. She is the most amazing nurse, a motivating cheerleader, a calming mediator, a dear friend and above all, a devoted wife. Keep her in your prayers too, Papa's success wouldn't happen without her.

Dev and Britt are doing great with their adorable little family. Bridger has all the energy in the world and LOVES looking at Grandpa's creations. Emmi is learning how to use her voice and she still has all of those luscious locks. 

Kelsey COMES HOME IN A MONTH! Yeah I am excited out of my mind. Her last area is the beautiful Florence, Italy.

Cam and I are doing great. Cam is preparing to take the MCAT exam here in a month in preparation for med school. I do my best to help him out and keep him focused. :) 

So there ya have it. A family update. Before I close this little epistle of mine, I wanted to share something that I have been thinking about over the past couple of days. A little while ago, a religious leader of mine told me that my life challenges, as I met them, would be light. Now, at first glance, I was like "Are you kidding me?"....but I felt that a deeper look at the meaning of the statement was worth my while. 
As I thought about the experiences I have had over my lifetime, it is plain to see how the size of the trial itself isn't what makes it challenging or not. Rather, it is my response to the trial that determines how hard it is. 

Almost losing my Dad is a pretty big deal, but the thing is THAT trial isn't what was challenging about the whole experience. What was challenging was me being humble enough to accept the will of God, and trust in Him enough to move forward. Have you ever felt that? Trials seem infinitely harder when we are trying to buck against what is happening...or in simpler terms, when we try to challenge the will of God. When we humble ourselves, and are truly willing to accept whatever happens is when the trial becomes a stepping stone to greater faith and not a stumbling block that leads to discouragement and weakness. 

I understand now what my leader meant...my trials will be light as I turn those experiences over to my Heavenly Father, and push forward trusting in Him and His plan. Trials are difficult, for sure, but they don't have to be unbearable. I promise they can be light, if we just trust in our loving Heavenly Father who wants us to succeed. 

So that is all for now. :) I have a really cool post coming up, so be sure to keep an eye out! 

Love you all,
The Baers

Sorella Baer and her companion in Florence.

Cameron and I will be married on August 26,2014! 40 days!

Little Emmi is all smiles!

Dad looking amazing at 189 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment