Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Deja Vu

It has been nearly a year since Papa entered the ICU. As Fall approaches, I think all of us are beginning to feel a bit of deja vu. The crisp autumn-y smell in the air, the vibrant colors dotting the mountainside, the pumpkin spice smell....all of these things are flashing us back to last Fall. 

With that said, a bit of an update is past due. Papa has shown an incredible amount of healing, and growth. We are so grateful for the many miracles we have seen. I am personally grateful that my Papa was able to dance with me at my wedding...that will be a moment I will NEVER forget. 

With the many miracles we have witnessed, we have also had some bumps in the road along the way. We understand that there will surely be complications during Papa's healing process, we accept this fact and are willing to meet those challenges as they come. 

One of the current challenges we are facing is regarding Papa's kidneys. Now we aren't sure of the particulars just yet, only that they are presenting some cause for concern and Papa will go in for some testing tomorrow. I do post with a purpose tonight. Each of us are kind of holding our breath about what they might find tomorrow...the task seems a little daunting, but I think we are all ready for anything. I know that Papa has been a little anxious about going back to the hospital. Can you blame him? After 111 days in a hospital bed, I would be anxious too. 

So here is my plea: Pray for peace. Peace in Papa's heart, Peace in Mama's. Peace in our family's hearts....and peace in yours.

We love you all and are SO grateful for your help.

Love,
The Baers

No comments:

Post a Comment