Wednesday, August 5, 2015

We

In just three months Cam and I will be holding our daughter in our arms. We have been feeling a bit anxious, our heads filled with colliding trains of frantic thought about our ability to be parents. So how are we preparing for this incredible life change? 

WE ARE DOING HYPNOBIRTHING! :)

When people have asked the cliche "Are you birthing naturally?" I am reminded what my amazing hypnobirthing coach (and sister-in-law) told me: "ALL birthing is natural." I am not constructing a robot folks. I am growing a baby and however she decides to come to us is a natural phase in her development. 

So hypnobirthing isn't simply just trying to hypnotize myself so I don't get an epidural, it is so much more. One of the primary messages that HB has instilled in my mind is that I am NOT the only party involved in this process. My baby is working and preparing WITH me through all stages of pregnancy, labor, delivery and after. Not only does she play a vital role, but so does Cameron. Without him this little girl wouldn't be here! Cam's role through this pregnancy, labor, delivery and during parenthood are JUST as important as mine are... So instead of saying "I" or "MY" in regards to this experience, the words "WE" and "OUR" help us see how the process of bringing life into the world and ensuring healthy development is a team effort with equally important roles. 

This being said, HB isn't just preparing us for the birthing day, rather it is building a mental framework upon which we can construct our family. Cam and I are equal partners and our kids are active contributors (from day ONE). This life change isn't as daunting when we think about it like that. We all grow, learn and love together. 

No matter what direction our birthing takes, Cam, Payton and I will meet it together calmly, equally and rooted in love! 

Thanks for keeping up with our family. 

Com amor,
Aubs

A shot of our girl. The techs kept saying "She has big lips and chubby cheeks!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment