Friday, February 21, 2014

Mothers...

Well I think it is pretty widespread knowledge that I am a mama's girl. 
Literally, from the day I was born, I had this special connection with my Mom. I think it is safe to say that her and I were/are the best of friends. Today is February 21, and ya know, 29ish years ago, little Lori Lynn Hansen came into the world and started a legacy of righteous, and powerful womanhood.
So in honor of this marvelous lady, I am going to do a blog post all about my marmie. 

First of all, she is MARMIE, not MOM, due to a family favorite film, Little Women. She is our marmie. Marmie has always been there for us, whether it is holding our hair as the stomach flu makes it's rounds. She has always blessed our incredibly hungry family with the BEST food in the whole wide world. (including sending some of her homemade goodness to the MTC as we prepared to head out on our missions) 
Whenever Marmie comes home from the store and has bought us a surprise she'll walk through the door and yell,"WHO LOVES ME!". Literally, any of us kids knows that means Mom got us somethin' good. 

Mom has always been creative, making cards and handouts that make even the CEOs of ProvoCraft drool with jealousy. (yeah I just made that phrase up) 
Marmie sends hilarious pictures and quotes through text or email at just the right times of day. Seriously. It's awesome. 
I know sometimes we make fun of her, but she has amazing dance moves. This lady can rock. She can play guitar hero like nobody's business, she can dance, she's good at wiffleball, and she's just plain awesome! 

Now let me get a little more serious. Mom has been a rock through so much. She is truly an elect lady. She has stayed faithful through wayward children, sending three of her own off to Europe for 18 months to 2 years, she's put up with the stubbornness that seems to flow through our Baer veins. The thing that has struck me most, however, is how she has stayed strong caring for my Dad. This woman has seen the love of her life, fighting to stay alive...and she didn't waver. She was even strong for not just us kids, but friends, and visitors of all sorts. 

We have a family motto, "For ever, For Always, No Matter What" and my Mom has taken that to heart. She lives it. I know it most certainly CANNOT be easy for her to do all that she does, but I also know that this woman has so many rich celestial blessings in store for her. 

I love my Mom dearly, and I am so grateful to have had such a miraculous woman raise me, and be my best friend.
So, here's to you Marmie. Happy birthday!
I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment