Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Papa!

I. Am. Grateful.
It seems as if I am always contrasting things to what happened a year ago. I do this because I am always in awe of where we are now. 

Before continuing THIS post, please read *this* one. It is what was going on a year ago. 

Isn't that amazing? Papa was still on his ventilator. He had just walked for the first time. And as of a year ago tomorrow morning, he was back at the UVRMC to get a pacemaker. I can't believe that was a year ago. 

Last night we had a birthday dinner celebrating Dad and Britt's birthdays. As we sat waiting for our food, I looked around and took in the scene. We were all there. Dad and Mom. Dev, Britt, Bridger and Emeri. Cam and I. Kelsey. Kyler. It was amazing. Truly amazing.

I hope my Mom doesn't get mad at me for sharing this, but as my Dad read her birthday card, she said something that made me tear up a little. Essentially, she said that she was so very grateful for the extra time God had given her with my Dad. I think we all feel that way. A year ago we still had no clue what would happen. A year ago Dad's life still hung in the balance. 

What a blessing it is to celebrate my Dad's birthday with my Dad. He is doing so well. He had a few tests last week to evaluate a few of the things that happened because of his strokes. He is making great progress! Still has no swallow, which is a bummer. Other than that, we are taking things day by day. We have been able to start living again. I love that the Lord helps and heals us so that we can rise above our challenges. As I read in the Book of Mormon this morning, God helped me see a little more clearly just how much He loves me. He gave me His Son so that I can conquer all that is painful about this life. 

 27 And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me.


The Lord is good. :)

Com amor,
Aubs


1 comment:

  1. I think Kyler was there too. He had a great time and loves the cool car that his Grandpa gave him. Thanks, Mike. We pray every day that you will continue to heal. Kristy

    ReplyDelete