Saturday, January 4, 2014

Auld Lang Syne

Ringin' in the new year in every way possible folks. Just apply the word "new" to any possible situation, and that basically describes the past week. It was all just....new. 

Papa moved up to his hospital in Murray, and we (including the medical staff) are all just trying to get used to one another. We're trying to get a feel for how things work, quirks, no-nos, you name it. It is almost like a new transfer as a missionary. 

Things are going well though, they are working Papa hard, physical therapy-ing it whenever they get the chance. Papa also has been given some leeway with the whole ice chip situation, but sometimes he takes advantage of that little cup of chilled goodness and sneaks it off of his nightstand when none of us are looking. Keeps us on our toes.

Also, they have put a speaking valve on his trach, which allows him to communicate more verbally with us. It has been the BEST thing ever. I was at work one day and my Mom called my cell, which confused and worried me greatly, she knew I was at work! She left a voicemail too, to which I listened...but instead of her it was my Dad. For the first time in 2.5 months, I heard his voice. It was bliss!

Yeah so happy new year, happy new everything. And just plain happy happy. :)

xoxoxox
The Baers

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about all of the Baer Family. We loved the picture of Mike in rehab ! A giant step, how awesome.
    You will always be in our thoughts and prayers.
    We love you dearly and plan to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete