Friday, December 27, 2013

Waiting...and waiting...and more waiting. Did I mention waiting?

I think this is day 73 or something. 
So I am sure you are wondering what in the world we are waiting for. Well as mentioned in former posts, Papa will be moving up to a new hospital in Murray, UT. It is the IMED Hospital, and he'll be on the rehab floor. He has been deemed as not "sick" just needing to rehabilitate physically. (thank you for your prayers!! WOO!) 

So yeah, the team from IMED came and did an assessment and Papa passed with flying colors. Funny story actually, he was trying to sweet talk his way in as well. He was all,"I am a happy guy who can make other people happy. If you want a guy who can help energize the other patients and get them moving, I am him!" (that is probably what sold them) (obviously)

So today is moving day. Or at least it should be, but like I said, we are just waiting....waiting....waiting. And waiting. And just to spice things up we are waiting a little bit more.

But Papa is in good spirits, he is watching some weird animal show on the Discovery Channel (as usual) and trying to sneak those coveted ice chips. We love this guy. I have loved our Daddy/Daughter date for the day. :) 

Hey that's a fun memory for me to share! (since I have the time) So out of us 4 kids, there are three girls. Jamiin, myself, and Kelsey. As a rule, when us girls turned sixteen my Dad had to be our first date. (I say HAD to be but what I really mean is we had the privilege of having him as our first date) I remember when I turned 16 I was awfully nervous to go on a "date" in general, but Papa assured me that he would take good care of me.

We went and got dinner, burgers of course, then we went to see a movie and then he took me to buy my first diamond. I will always remember that time with my Dad. I am so grateful that he was my first date ever, and I look forward to more Daddy/Daughter dates in the future. :) 

Yeah so there ya go. I will update you when we finally blow this Popsicle stand. 

With love,
The Baers (Well, Aubs) 



2 comments:

  1. Love to all of our favorite Baers. We are following you with the blog and delight in such a positive family. Please give each other many hugs from our family. Love to you all, the Gassaway family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your details about the sweet sixteen date! Positive energy constantly overflows when we read your words. We would like to visit New Years Eve or New Years Day. We are hoping to take Grandma Bev to a movie, if she is up to it. Heard "Saving Mr. Banks" is a good film. We want to see dear Mike Baer. Can't think of a better way to start 2014. Much love, Your Jolley friends

    ReplyDelete