Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What are YOU doing this Christmas?

Day 50
The number fifty is a significant one. Like when someone turns the ripe old age of 50, you say that he is "over the hill". The 50th year according to Bible standard is the "Jubilation Year". So basically what I am trying to say is that I hoping that because we have done 50 days of crazy livin', we are "over the hill"....and now it is the time to be jubilant? Anyone? Anyone?

Fantastic. Today is another relaxing day. After quite the week, Papa has been re-stabilizing and resting a bit. He doesn't remember the past 5-6 days, and that is probably for the better. He has started to crack jokes again, started up a little sarcasm and his smile has returned. So we are happy. 

As Christmas draws near, it is interesting to note  that our preparations for the holidays are so significantly different than former years. We aren't making long lists for this reason or that. We aren't plotting and planning how to get that "thing" we've been wanting all year long. We aren't even clipping coupons. What we are doing is finding ways to spend even MORE time together as a family...and we are focusing on the Savior. We don't really get much of a chance to go out and see the lights, and that's ok. We are grateful for the light that we share as family when we are all together. 

This Christmas will be like none other that we've ever experienced...and the thing is. I think I like it. We are able to find the TRUE reason for the season and He makes us whole and happy.

Have a great Wednesday!

xoxoxoxox,


2 comments:

  1. Four years ago this coming March I met Mike Baer for the first time. And from the instant I met him, I knew I liked him. He is without a doubt the best rapport builder I have ever met. As I have been able to get to know him better over these last few years I can say that I love the man dearly. He has had such an amazing impact on my life and I am so blessed just to know him. Mike, you are truly a light to all who know you. Thank you for being such an excellent example to so many. I look so forward to the time when you are made whole again.

    With Much Love and Admiration,

    Your Brother Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am so glad to hear that Mike is doing better. My prayers are with each of you.

    I will always remember the service that Mike would give to people. I remember when my Mom died suddenly and he called to see if he could help with anything. That meant a great deal to my family.

    Also David & Jeffrey want to let Mike know that he is in their prayers and hopes that he gets well soon.

    Each of you are examples to all of us by reminding us as to what is important to remember in each of our lives that being our families, friends, and the Savior.

    Take care. Love, Lori Johnson

    ReplyDelete