Wednesday, December 11, 2013

No excuses...

I have no excuses for not writing. I could say lame things like "I was busy"..."I forgot..." or "The devil made me NOT do it"... either way I am a slacker and a half and I apologize.

I guess a bit of me not updating in the past few days is I didn't know how to put the updates into words just yet. It is hard ya know? One hour the doctors say one thing, the next hour it has changed. The past five days have been a little bit...or a lot a bit like that. 

BUT now we at least have some solidarity to our reports and I am able to confidently make a public update. After the CO2 scare, the docs decided to put Papa back on the vent, and he returned back to normal after a couple of days. He was crackin' his "Dad jokes" as normal, he was asking for a hamburger...and letting us know every five minutes that his trach needed to be suctioned. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Well as the docs were suctioning his trach (getting stuff out of his lungs) they started noticing that he was spiking a fever, and that the stuff in his throat was thicker than normal. They ran some tests on the stuff, and yep. Papa has pneumonia. And not just ANY pneumonia. Oh no, that wouldn't be weird enough. He has MRSA pneumonia. So our pleas for visitors of all shapes and sizes is being retracted. He is under a strict isolation environment, for your benefit and ours. This means that if you, or anyone you've been around has been even the LITTLEST bit ill, you need to stay away. But we love you anyways. Those of you who are healthy and happy, come on over, you can visit Papa and we'll give you a yellow protective gown as a souvenir.

Please pray for him! We love him dearly.

com amor,
The Baers

No comments:

Post a Comment