Monday, December 16, 2013

Well why not?

Tomorrow is Christmas, it's practically here! Well, no, not really, but who can refuse a good Grinch quote?

So I'm like REALLY into the holidays this year. But not in the conventional "deck myself out in red and green" or "buy everything flavored in peppermint" sort of way. No, I've been really into the SENTIMENTAL parts of Christmas...and I warn you, I am a bit passionate. (uh oh...HERE WE GO!)

I have seen a lot of things on TV, on the Internet and who knows where else, all trying to take the word "Christ" out of the word "Christmas". This baffles me. And no, I am not just being a naive young woman who can't hold her tongue...there is actually some substance to this. I totally get the "politically correct" reasons why people are pushing to take out Christ's name, but from a moral standpoint I just don't get it! So often, we hear people asking why our country, or our world is suffering from such drastic moral decay. They question how this is happening and how we can reverse it.

Well, to me, the answer is quite plain and simple. We can be more Christlike. It doesn't matter if you believe that He was the Savior of the world or not, this Man was a good Man. He lived an exemplary life of service, charity and love. He showed what it meant to love your neighbor. He is acquainted with unrequited forgiveness, and with pure compassion. When we think on the stories of Jesus Christ, we think of the hope that He brought to people's lives...and yet....we wish to take His name out of the season in which all of us are striving to portray the very things for which He stands for.

My plea this holiday, for those near and far, is to read those bible stories. Whether you consider them factual or not, we can all benefit from the messages that they contain.

I would also like to share with you a very personal sentiment of mine, and I feel privileged to do so. For the past two Christmases, I had the privilege to be a full-time missionary, a witness of the Lord Jesus Christ. I received a letter officially calling me to do so. This Christmas I am no longer a full-time missionary for the Church, but I have received a call to once again, witness to the world that Jesus Christ does live and His miracles are still active and present on this earth. No one can truly know what we as a family have witnessed in the past couple of months. What I can share with you is that some of the very same, most sacred miracles that were wrought in the New Testament have happened before my eyes, and I KNOW, with every part of me, that God does exist. Jesus Christ is His Son, and our Savior.

Once again, forgive me for being so passionate, but I really have no other choice now do I? I feel honored that I have been chosen to witness to the world in such a way. I love the Lord Jesus Christ. I know Who it is that we are celebrating this season, and I couldn't be more grateful for such a dear, dear Friend.

As always I will update real quick with Papa Baer. It was a good news/bad news day. His CO2 levels have given us some issues....which stinks big time. But HALLELUJAH he has received a clean bill of health for the pneumonia! This means that we are being moved to a sterile room, room 214 now (same hospital) and that you can come visit! But only if you are healthy. And you use hand sanitizer.

Thank you for reading! We love you!
xoxoxoxxox
The Baers

No comments:

Post a Comment