Sunday, November 24, 2013

A sweet memory...

Day 39
So, a couple of weeks ago we had a family night at the hospital complete with a sweet message, some cinnamon rolls, and a few minutes dedicated to sharing some fun family memories. I think the greatest memory that was shared was one that was actually made that evening. 

By tradition, we usually begin our family nights with a song and a prayer, and seeing how we were gathered around Papa's bed, we decided that it would be up to him to choose the song. 

While laying there in his hospital bed, hooked up to tubes, and sensors all aiding in preserving his life, he chose to sing the song "Because I Have Been Given Much". As we sang around his bed I couldn't help but watch him mouth those words. In such humble circumstances, he was singing about how much he had. I have kept this memory locked away long enough, now is the time to share. Please read the lyrics, imagine Papa in his bed, and then let your heart feel that same gratitude that he feels for his blessings!


Com amor, The Baers

Because I have been given much, I too must give.
Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live.
I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see,
who has the need of help from me.
Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care…
I cannot see another’s lack and I not share-
my glowing fire, my loaf of bread-my roof’s safe shelter over head,
that he too may be comforted.
Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,
I’ll share thy love again according to thy word.
I shall give love to those in need. I’ll show that love by word and deed,
thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.
PS I will do an update later tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Lori and Baer family,
    Thank you so much for the sweet note and gift card. Tell Mike to keep up the good work so he can give me my Baer hug :)
    -Alta

    ReplyDelete