Friday, November 1, 2013

Guest Post: Sorella Baer

My heart is full and my spirit is fed! Dear friends and family, what joy and comfort we have from the knowledge of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ!
My message will be short but uplifting, vi prometto!

These words: ''for ever, for always, no matter what'' is the Baer family motto (if you don't believe me, we have it on cute decorations in our home!) This motto, this principle and sweetly resounding truth is the motivating factor for me choosing to serve a mission, and for me choosing to remain. The fundamental principle of eternal families has always been my favorite and it was what pushed me to serve: so I could share this joyful truth with others who don't know this for themselves. It still remains my favorite principle to testify of. Every morning, when that alarm goes off at 6:30, that principle pushes me out of bed and on to my knees-- encouraging me to go on, move forward, because I know that I can. Because I know that the Lord is at my side, helping me along the way. And because I know that at the end of the day, whatever happens, my family will be together forever because one young couple, 32 years ago made the sacred and humble decision to be sealed. As one of their children, I will be eternally grateful for that decision and have been and will be blessed into the eternities for it.

I am filled with gratitude, peace and hope. My mission is of utmost importance and it stands and represents so much to me. I'm endowed with power everyday because of this sacred opportunity.

On Sunday, we had one of our less-active sisters come to church! We've been meeting with her, and it was incredibly sweet to see her so embraced by the ward when she returned. In her words, ''I felt like I was coming home.'' It was such a special experience to witness. I've always had such a love for re-activation work because when the one CHOOSES to return, it holds so much value, because at one point, they CHOSE to leave.They know exactly what blessings this gospel holds, and they choose to come home. I love it.

Como is beautiful. It holds my heart. My future husband better love Italy or quickly start adoring it, because this dear country of mine will be the topic of my conversations and desired vacation spot for a long, long time. :) The leaves are all changing colors here. Every bus ride, I sit in awe, looking at the window at this piece of heaven I can claim as home for this time. Other than Alpine, Utah, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else:) (Provo's a close second:)

I love each of our investigators. I love our members. I love finding work and suoning citofoni (sorry, that was Italiash... how do I say that in English... it's like pushing the intercom things outside of apt complexes... it's Italy's version of door-to-door).

I love stating ''Salve, cara! Sono Sorella Baer. Sono una missionaria della Chiesa di Gesù Cristo. Abbiamo un messaggio cosi bellissimo riguardo la famiglia e il Salvatore!''

I love Italian food and better be able to cook like these Italian women when I get home! Meno male, I love Olive Garden soooo much. But ancora, this food can't be replicated.

I love my companion and my dear Sorelle Carter e Stephens. They're my girlsssss. And they comfort me, make me laugh, cook choc chip pancakes, dance with me and jam to MOTAB with me.

Como's become a heaven and home on earth. And I'm eternally grateful for this. Our missionary work here is BLOSSOMING as we use our members more and more. We're visiting our members and helping them create family mission plans.

I love this work. It truly is the work of Salvation.
and I love you all sooo hard.
D&C 78:18

Con tutto del mio amore,
Sorella Baer

p.s. I love you.
p.p.s. if you want Papa Baer updates, my bangarang sister is becoming the World's Best Blogger:

2 comments:

  1. I am praying continually on behalf of Mike. I feel that there is great hope of a remarkable and thorough recovery. This world needs more men like Mike Baer. He is a pillar of strength and one of the men I most admire.

    Thank you for this blog. It is clear that our petitions to our Heavenly Father are being answered as Mike becomes just a little stronger each day.

    Paul Trone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Family Baer,
    you don't know me but I do know Sorella Baer.
    My name is Eva Mazzolari, I live in Como where Sorella Baer is currently serving. How much I love this wonderful sister missionary! She's beautiful outside and inside. I admire her strong testimony of the Gospel. She's working hard with her companion and our small ward is blessed because of that. I love her positive attitude, I'm sure it must not be easy for her to be so far away from home now, but these tribulations are magnifying her testimony and her sacred calling. She's in the right place at the right time. The Lord is watching over all of you.
    I know that God lives, Jesus Christ is our Savior and He loves us. May you continue to feel His perfect love for each one of you.
    Con Affetto, (With Love)
    Eva

    ReplyDelete