Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Guest Post: Sorella Baer

''TANTI AUGURI!!!''
Here's a BIG BIRTHDAY SHOUT-OUT to Papa Baer! The best man the world ever knew! I couldn't love him more, and today's his 57th birthday!!! wahoo!!!
che bello!
To celebrate his birthday, today, I wore a purple skirt (his favorite color), we ate beef stroganaff (Papa digs the beef) for lunch, and tonight we'll have a snack of DOTS (his fav candy!)
Dear fam and friends, I'm very privileged and excited to post a little something on this here beautiful blog! (I apologize if my writing isn't as entertaining as that of Aubrey--she's unbeatable!)
I can't express first of all, my gratitude for all of the love and support we've been receiving. I don't worry about my sweet mom and siblings being taken care of, because there's been such an outpouring of love! Even myself, out here! THANK YOU THANK YOU for thinking of me! It's certainly not easy to be this far away from those I love most during this time, but I'm remarkably sustained by all of the support of you all and of the sweet grace of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I serve for Him. I chose to leave my family and friends so that I could serve my Savior. and I choose to stay for Him. Through His infinite grace and Atonement, each of us can have the perfect knowledge, that we do not have to walk the winepress alone, that we can be comforted amid ANY trial. Even if you're unbelievably far from your dear family in the midst of difficulty. And yet, I know now better than ever that Jesus Christ lives. That He is so completely involved in the details of our lives. That He walks by our side and carries us. I testify that we worship a God of miracles. That our loving Heavenly Father knows us perfectly and has created a plan for each of us. I do not doubt that everything we face is for a reason. Obviously, I don't understand why it was the Lord's will that I was to leave and serve Him if He knew that this would happen, but I do not doubt, that we are where we need to be. I testify of His PERFECT PLAN. This is a principle that I can declare with a surety and with gladness. I delight in sharing this message with the sweet people of Italy. I love these people and the Lord has blessed me to find a family here.
I hope each of you know that I also serve for my dear family. I've always served for them. I pray each day, throughout the day, that the Lord will send all of the blessings from our efforts here, home, to my family. I know that there's nothing better that I could be doing for them than workin' my tail off here. I've never knocked so many doors, or opened my mouth so many times. The ability I have to continue to work, and to work hard, and to work with optimism, is not because of my own strength. But that of the Lord's. He's empowering my every effort, and enabling my every step.
I hope that you know also that this gospel is so so precious to us, as a family. It is absolutely what gives the strength to go forward. It's what binds us together. It's the hope and faith with which we've been clutching to during this time of great challenge. It's what my special parents have instilled me, that I will NEVER give up. It's far, far too precious to me as an individual.
May you all realize the hand of the Lord in each of your lives. If you're feeling a bit lonely or forgotten, I plead with you to pray, to turn to Him who knows you best, and I promise you that you will be instantly filled with this love.
And may we all smile, serve, laugh, love easily, stand as an example and light and do the disco fingers, (just as Papa Baer would want us to). ANYONE who knows him, knows of what a remarkable man he is. He truly is the best man I know. He and I have always had a special bond, a ''budship'' that started back when I was in my carseat and we would go on drives as he would tell me about his day. I know that the best way that I can honor my beloved father is to continue to serve, and to serve faithfully. At the beginning of my mission, Daddy-o sent me copies of his mission journal entries. And at the bottom of each was written: ''I love the Lord and I'm gonna make it.'' He made it his mission motto, and so have I. What an inspiring and truly faithful man.
I'm striving to become a fraction of the disciple of Jesus Christ that my father has become.
If you get the chance to visit him, PLEASE send my love. Squeeze hand for me. I'm totally there in spirit.
And Daddy-o: because I know mama will read this out loud to you, just know how much I absolutely adore you. You truly are my favorite guy. I wish I could give you 57 hugs, but that's what Dev's for, right? :) It's an honor to claim you as my dad. Happy birthday big guy. We're doing disco fingers in our Como apt, just for you:) If disco music was allowed, you best believes we'd be jammin' to KC and the Sunshine Band. But in these days, MOTAB is just as poppin' :) I love you Dad. And am eternally grateful for the person you are and the person you've helped me become. I wish I could hold those model hands of yours:) We love the Lord and we're gonna make it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!
life is sweet. don't let a moment pass by without cherishing it!
-Sorella Baer

No comments:

Post a Comment