Friday, November 22, 2013

Weekly Post: Our Sweet Sorella

My word. This funky mission time warp that everybody talks about is a REAL THING. Today marks 8 months! nutsssss. It was a year and 6 days ago that I opened that big white envelope and my entire life changed. That was undoubtedly one of the best moments of my life. Sincerely, I remember praying every night, submitting my will to the Lord's as I put the next 18 months entirely into His hands. At the end of the day, this whole mission thing was His idea. I just went along with it:) It was my absolute dream to go to Italy. I prayed though, promising I'd serve and work with all of my heart regardless where I went. And that day, November 16, 2012, I felt so known, so heard, so loved and so considered as I read the words, ''You have hereby been called to serve in the Italy Milan mission.'' I still get chills just thinking about it. I remember watching the video of my call opening like 15 times a night just to remind myself that it was real. 

And now, here we are. A year and 6 days later. 8 months into the mission. Crazy how time flies. This beautiful country of mine and this remarkable experience I'm having has changed me entirely. I will return more refined, more proven, more pure and better. Vi prometto! SarĂ  una Sorella Baer completamente diversa! che bello! 

This week was so good. Our sweet Nazareno will be baptized in 4 hours. yes (**cough cough) 4 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! the enthusiasm is shootin' right out of me! This man I've seen from the get go and he's the world's best. He's an Italian chef by day and music journalist by night! And he's getting baptized! The work is hastening. It really does move forward!

Our members are bringing people to church like it's their birthdays. I love seeing members catch the wave! We're still trying really hard to find new people to teach because 4 hours from now, our sweet Nazareno won't be an investigator! and we need some of those! I've never done more finding work in my LIFE! we're doing parco (park), casa (door-to-door), strada (street contacting)-- you know the works! I'm exhausting myself here so the Lord will shower my family with blessings. It's crazyyyyy cold here (yes, I'm from Utah. no, I still am not and never will be used to the cold) and yet, we go out and work, put on our cold socks and wet boots and knock them doors! I know and have trust that the Lord blesses His missionaries and the families of His missionaries. In fact, I've never had lower numbers in my mission. And yet, we're showing faith, and going for it. Working harder than ever to feed His sheep.

I love this work. I can't even waitttt one ounce for Nazie's baptism. Yes, I gave him a nickname, as I do with everything. 'twill be swell. 

Read the Book of Mormon. Do good things. Adore old people and their stories. Enjoy every precious moment the Lord's given you. Cherish your loved ones. Go and youtube and just listen to Italian because it's the world's best. and Move forward with faith-- step by step, it'll get better, I promise. 

Con tutto del mio amore,
Sorella Baer

p.s. I love you.
p.p.s. I speak Italiash and all of my slanged or abbreved words these days are half italian, half english. it's great. no one understands me. 'cept the comp and Sorelle Stephens e Carter. I've ruined them all. we all speak cray english now! as if people didn't get my abbreves before the mish! it'll only be worse!
p.p.p.s. the weather was gorgeous today and Sorella Burkman and Sorella Bollwinkel came for a p-day! 
p.p.p.p.s. does anyone know how to waterproof boots?
p.p.p.p.p.s. in about 2 secs, we're headed to one of my favorite member's houses where she'll teach all 4 of us girls how to make us some Italian delectables! dangggg!



No comments:

Post a Comment